In this section, you will find some useful information on our Organization. Should you require further information, please kindly send us email . We are more than happy to respond you immediately.
Please click the below titles to go to another relevant page of our website.
Highlights of the Organization
The Organization has been unofficially established originally as a Buddhist Organization and Buddhist Congregation in or about 1980 more than 35 years ago. It is a member of the United Vietnamese Buddhist Congregation of Australia and New Zealand which serves a community of more than 300,000 Buddhist adherents who live in Australia and New Zealand. In the year 2007, it was officially registered as Incorporated Association having independent legal entity and responsibilities. The number of its regular financial members in 2014 is more than 2000 people.
In January 2015 a meditation centre has been established in Melbourne to serve the Victorian Buddhist adherents. Our newly registered Hoa Nghiem Meditation Centre Inc., Melbourne, located at 70 IAN Grove, Mount Waverley VIC 3149 received warm supports from the local community. On the commemoration ceremony of our Past Masters held on 10th January 2015, there were more than 200 public members attended. The local resident Tibetan monk Geshe Khedup also co-chaired the ceremony. Thanks to the hard-works and dedication to Buddhism of Ven. Thich Chan Tuyen in the last 6 months. In addition to visiting the elderly sick people in the hospitals and palliative cares, he has provided free meditation training courses to the school children and local people in Melbourne.
AIMS AND OBJECTS
The aims and objects of the International Buddhist Organization for Culture, Education and Social Development Inc. are set out hereunder:
- To promote a Peace environment based on Buddhism for all people around the World.
- To initiate, engage, cooperate and promote the charitable works for benefits of human beings regardless of race, nationalities, genders or beliefs.
- To carry out Buddhist teachings to all Buddhists and others who want to learn about and practise Buddhism;
- To organise and lead the congregation, worshipping, to practise meditation and perform other traditional religious activities for all Buddhists of other nationalities;
- To organise Buddhist instruction and training programs for children and youths at any school or educational institutions or centres so that they may be aware of ethical and moral values and so become better citizens;
- To organise and/or sponsor public talks, forums and seminars on Buddhism and other related subjects;
- To publish journals, newsletters and books in any media on Buddhism and other related subjects;
In summary, the Australian geographic coverage of the Organization is now extended from NSW to Victoria and Western Australia.
- Administration Office Contact: PO Box 216 Bankstown, NSW 1885 Australia
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head Sangha Residential Contact: PO Box 216 Bankstown NSW 1885 Australia
- Meditation Centres and Social Charitable Centres:
- Hoa Nghiem Buddhist Centre, No 3 Giles Place, Cabramatta NSW 2166 Australia
- Hwa Yen Meditation Centre in partnership with Quan Yin temple, 77 Torrens Street, Canley Heights, NSW 2166 Australia
- Hwa Yen Meditation Centre, No. 382 The Terrace Road, North Richmond NSW 2174 Australia
- Hoa Nghiem Meditation Centre Inc., in partnership with Tibetian Vic temple, 70 Ian Grove, Mount Waverley VIC 3149 Australia
- Temples and Charitable Centres:
- in partnership with Thien Phuoc temple, 29 Avenel Street, Canley Vale NSW 2166 Australia.
The following videos exhibited only some of our social charitable programs which we delivered during the last 15 years.
Donate eyes surgery for the poor people with eye problems. The patients are poor and lived in the remote areas without access to hospital or medical services. All are enjoyed equal medical treatment based on their degrees of eye physical problems.